You are to believe that any one who would say such things or is unable to see your worth is not a good person & is not worth you hating yourself, because you don’t tell people they aren’t good enough. You are more than good enough.
I love this image so much.
I’ve seen some women who are offended by this and say it’s ridiculous that her cleavage is showing and things of that sort.
Personally, I think it’s great.
Why should we have an image of a women with her hair tied up and flexing her muscles like she’s a man? (not that that isn’t great too!) In a way it suggests that when our hair is down, our breasts are visible and we wear (GASP) lipstick, we’re somehow lesser than men? We can do it! We can be feminine and successful.
You see what I’m saying here, ladies?
You don’t have to lose your femininity. Being feminine is great. Being masculine is great. Strength is not limited to one way of being.
As someone often told my emotions are invalid because of my status as a white/cis/middle class individual, I know that pain. Emotions are emotions, brain chemistry is brain chemistry, regardless of your situation in life. I knowledge my fortune in life, but it is not enough to cure me from something I was born with. There are people with far less than me who can take much more happiness out of what they have than I am capable of, it’s luck of the draw both with our physical advantages in life and our mental ones. I would understand the misguided anger of one who had been suffering because of the oppression they face, not being able to understand how someone with everything they dreamed of having could still complain… but that doesn’t excuse most sjws, who are cis white privileged people themselves! Anyway, it sounds like I’m just preaching to the choir here, though… being too ‘connected’ can definitely put a strain on people, and break fragile people like me. Reading about social justice especially really wears me down. Sometimes a walk outside and some meditation can beat years of therapy or medication, and really help put things in perspective.
I do wonder if the reason why so many cis white men are struggling in education and in some cases, their mental health, is because of the lack of attention being given to them because they are already presumed to have the best of everything. It doesn’t help that, living with that sense of entitlement and then ‘failing’ in life anyway must be deeply frustrating. I appreciate so much effort being made to help people previously being ignored, but we can’t forget that at the end of the day everyone is human and anyone can snap with enough pressure, and when these young men snap it’s clear that it’s to NO ONE’S benefit.
Ok, I got way off topic there, sorry. Just have been thinking about the recent shooting a lot lately and it tends to come back to that.
Hello all, I want to get away from tumblr. I don’t want any obligations to this site anymore, it takes up so much of my life, I don’t want to shut this blog down, though. I would like to find someone I trust to take over. If you are interested please message me.
This is me, 6 months ago.
I was probably a size 14 then. This was my new - but incredibly sweet boyfriend. I was worried he wouldn’t really like me that much. That I wouldn’t be good enough, seeing as he was my first real boyfriend. I was afraid I was too fat for him. That I wouldn’t ever be good enough.
My mom use to say ‘If you don’t lose weight, no boy is going to like you.’And that killed me all the time. Thinking that maybe she was right, maybe I will never find someone because I’m too fat to be liked.
6 months later, I’m a size 18, almost 20. I’ve gained weight, and he’s still around. He loves me for me. Not because I’m skinny, or popular, or have lots of money.
Remember that there is going to be someone out there for you who loves you whether you’re a size 2 or a size 30. It does not matter. You are beautiful the way you are. Don’t let anyone, EVER change your mind about that. Let that one person tell you they love you, and think you’re beautiful just the way you are, because it’s true.
I will treat anyone the same, and know that it’s what’s on the inside that counts, not what you look like.
Feel free to follow my randomness (: meganhart.tumblr.com
reminder that you should always try to stay around people who wish you well and like you and who you feel comfortable being with
you have no business being friends with people who make you feel like shit or uncomfortable or insecure and whose company isn’t at all pleasant
I hate how the phrase ‘have some self respect’ is used to shame women who are comfortable with their sex lives. ‘Have some self respect’? I do respect myself, that’s why I wanna have a fucking orgasm tonight, thank you very much.
- you’re allowed to contradict yourself
- you’re allowed to seek attention or approval
- you’re allowed to complain about something that’s bothering you
- you’re allowed to express negative opinions
- you’re allowed to be an ass sometimes
- you’re allowed to talk about yourself
- you’re allowed to fuck up
Sorry I’ve been gone for so long. I was getting a lot of hate from people on tumblr & I couldn’t handle it, so I had to leave for my own sanity. People can be mean, but I’m still going to keep fighting for what is right. No one deserves hate.
I’m doing some renovations on my blogs right now. I’ll begin posting when they’re done.
There are many people & places that need help. I know times are tight, but if you could try to help, please, do. If you have more causes or you & your family simply need help, contact me here.
- Every day 178 dogs, 59 cats, 584 guinea pigs, 195 primates, 576 rabbits, 400 hamsters, and hundreds of thousands of rats and mice suffer and die in labs. Help!
- STOP SEAL CLUBBING! In 2004, 365,971 seals were slaughtered, and during the 2003 season 283,497 harp seals were killed. In 2002, the sealers slaughtered over 312,000 although the kill quota was set at 275,000. There were no legal consequences for the quota overkill. Instead, the Canadian government rewarded the kill quota violations with an incredible increase of 75,000 seals!
- Right here is a family that are living on the streets because they couldn’t make rent. None of them do drugs, they just hit a real rough patch. Donate Here
- Here is Stella’s Voice. For twenty years, this ministry has been a part of the lives of thousands of orphans, providing Christmas gifts, warm coats, food, supplies, heating oil, clean water, and so much more. Donate or start a fundraiser
Polar bears in the Hudson Bay are going hungry. A warming planet means there is less solid ice for them to hunt for seals on, and as a result, more polar bears and their cubs are starving to death. Scientists are already reporting that they expect an increase in polar bear cannibalism of young cubs related to food shortages.
- Speak up for things you believe in here.
- Bodyline has been in a number of rumored scandals, this is one where the Elegant Gothic Lolita community can find a true source from an ex-employee of the company itself. Yoshiko was the designer and model of Bodyline for a few years, steadily improving the PR and quality of the poorly operated company. However, she does not get paid well, on top of that, she has to buy all the Bodyline dresses herself. She had moved to China and lived in the residence of Bodyline’s factory and started getting health issues—having to model even when she was ill… Read more. Sign Here
- Planned Parenthood: Your gift will help support Planned Parenthood’s work at the local and national level, where Planned Parenthood provides clinical services, comprehensive, accurate health information, and works to ensure universal access to comprehensive, quality, affordable health care. (Link cutesy of http://radishson.tumblr.com)
This is important to see and understand for everyone. Please, if you see someone in a public restroom that you think might not belong there because they don’t look like you, don’t scream or yell at them, have some compassion and go about your business.
^^ 90% of trans* kids don’t feel safe at school, and one part of the problem is that they have no safe access to bathrooms. kids have been expelled for using the “wrong” bathroom, others are bullied or beat up, trans adults are chased out by security, harassed, and humiliated. something as simple as going to the bathroom becomes a daunting, scary, and even dangerous endeavor and its got to stop. we all deserve privacy, dignity, and safety in the restroom.
Page 1 of 44